Questions for you sailors:
1.      How much does a 73’ Alden weigh?
2.      What is the draft on a 73’ Alden?
3.      What size crew would you have deliver a 73’ Alden?
4.      Can you push a 73’ Alden off the dock?

Answers:
1.      90,000 LBS
2.      13.5’
3.      Five
4.      No, I tried.

A 73’ Alden pulled in two slips from us yesterday.  They went out to fuel up today so they went through the docking routine again.  The slip it is in is too small so they kind of rub coming in but it was the only one available for them in the area.  I didn’t get a tour below but it is a beautiful boat.

Yesterday afternoon while walking the dock at the marina I met three wonderful people, Rob, Eva and Ed.  We shared a few beers and they invited me out for a sail today.  Not one to pass up a sail I joined them on Ed’s 35’ Endeavour and we sailed in NY Harbor this afternoon.  What a wonderful sail. I forget how much I like to just go sailing with no destination in mind.  Thank you Ed, Rob and Eva!!!

2 comments:

  1. Sailing with no destination in mind. Yeah, I kinda remember what that was. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice meeting you and glad you enjoyed the sail!

    ReplyDelete