I need to add an addendum to yesterdays post.  After dinner I am sitting in the cockpit and I see activity behind me where there is a restaurant that is being renovation.  I see a small tent and look down the dock from me and there is a big movie camera and people in action.  I stroll over and learn they are shooting an independent film.  They have a fishing boat on a pier around the corner from our boat and that is where they are shooting.  The director and most of the crew are from Finland.  The star of the film is supposed to be Paulie from the Sopranos but I never saw him.  I don’t know what time they stopped shooting but when I got up at 12:30 am to check things out they were still going at it.  The funny scene (not in the movie) is when this jack terrier dog that is in the film decided to jump in the water and chase some ducks and they could not get the dog to turn around to the dock.  He finally did and they had the paper towels out drying him off.  I thought Fritz would have been a better dog for them but it was just not his time.

Today was another project day including a bike ride to Home Depot.  The Home Depot in Jersey City is right at the entrance to the Holland Tunnel.  Talk about another zoo.  I think tomorrow is another day in NYC with maybe a trip back to Ground Zero and a stroll to Little Italy.

No comments:

Post a Comment