June 19/20

Project day started with a walk to the Path subway station with Shirla at 5:00, then a run around Liberty Park followed by a shower and nap.  After that I washed the boat and reconfigured how to tie the dingy to the boat.  I walked to downtown Jersey City and that was interesting. 

This evening I was sitting in the cockpit watching the water taxis bring workers back from Manhattan to a commuter lot that is right by the marina.  Maybe it’s just me but that seems so sad.  I don’t know when the last taxi comes in but they come in every thirty minutes and the last one I saw was at 7:40.  Here these guys get to their car around 7:45, have to drive home to who knows where, have dinner, etc.  That does not sound like a fun life to me.  I guess we all do what we have to do.

Wednesday:

I took the Path subway to the NY this morning.  For two bucks it is quite the deal.  I walked less than ½ mile to the station and the train took me to 33rd and Broadway.  There were a few other stops before 33rd street.  What a crazy place!  It got to 97 degrees today and the city was wall to wall people.  I strolled to Central Park and later paid half price for a front row seat and saw Jersey Boys.  That was excellent. I noticed it does not take long to get into the flow, paying no attention to traffic lights when crossing the street, etc.  It was a fun day.

No comments:

Post a Comment