Update from Shirla:

Jumping ship at 5:00 a.m. on June 19th was not big deal, but finding my way for the first time on the labyrinth of the New Jersey subway system, then changing to an Amtrak train, and finally ending up at the Newark Airport ahead of schedule was a little more of a challenge.  With a little help from several women I encountered who each gave me an important piece of the puzzle it turned out to be easier than I had imagined, and well worth the $10.25 fare.  Sorry, but as much as we depend on our phones, in some cases the information is a little slow and lacks the personal touch, plus it’s nice to have someone to thank and wish a good day to after they have helped you find your way.  

My time here in Austin with grandbaby Nolan, my daughter Andrea, and her husband Chris, has been really wonderful.  Nolan, who will be three weeks on Tuesday, is now at 5lb 14oz, and doing well.  Mom and Dad are adjusting well to the life-changes of a newborn. There’s just nothing that compares to holding, cuddling and changing your new grandbaby.

On Tuesday morning I will be headed back to Jersey City to join Dennis and Fritz.   It sounds like they’re behaving, but Fritz did take Dennis the few blocks to Dunkin’ Donuts this morning.  Such a naughty dog!  Hopefully I will get back in time before he corrupts him too much more.  

No comments:

Post a Comment